Sunday, December 2, 2012

Burden


Having nice threads is a burden 
and having alot of them is a chore 
cause having a sense of style dosen't trump the sense of a guy 
like me to get bored even at the thought of my closet being as packed as a department store.

a burden. 
The same burden that I used to pray for
is now the same one that i wished i never payed for 
cause i payed my way into defeat
and if clothes were prostitutes i would've caught a hell of a disease
but the fact i made that comparison calling my appendages a burden 
was because i really never took off that perverbial curtain.
the one of judgement 
of hoarding of sin of grief
cause the only sin we truly harbor is our innate tendancy to disbelieve

i remember i used to beg my parents for clothes 
i honestly forgot how old 
but i was old enough to remember 
but too young to really be told
not to hustle and live out your dream through clothes
i wasn't looking for the iphone or the blackberry bold
i found a new hold in my heart that made my face glow.
it was through the stiching and i enjoyed the finer fabrics
and if my mom ever brought home a wack thread i would never cause havoc
i would appreciate
you see but now my mind depreciates the value i put in clothes 
now let the story unfold

my love for clothes and fashion stemmed from the ability that what i felt inside of me
could be expressed by my garments
and i felt alot of things. 

as a young boy i often felt disgrace cause i never reached the par i never kept on the right pace 
cause my dad was a colonel in the land of guns and greed so being told i should be like him made
me loose all belief so i expressed my grief in bright colors and thin stripes 
they used to call me mr. thin stripes and i used to smile cause i loved the hype

i used to dress to figure out my soul
i didn't realize that to the clothes i was progressively getting sold

now as a young man pretty face i looked good for the girls with the slim waist
i went from being sewn up to being so far off
cause i put on nice fit trousers just for her to take hers off

so here comes the irony
my wrinkled clothes are screaming iron me
but i'm too busy with the girl that the clothes helped me get
you see but i used the girls to help me forget
why i dressed up in the beginning

i wanted to distance myself from feeling hurt, pain, and being too sewn tight
cause as perfect as God is we can't see He's the best tailor
the fabric is his herd and the thread is the word
so he makes us slim fit or double x l
we gotta keep our identities in and not try to expell

-ayoungprophet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Brief

I am a college student who feels I have things to show to you. Nigerian born and native to NYC, but currently associate with Pennsylvania.

Archives

Pages

Search This Blog